Wednesday, October 15, 2008

this is why I take notes on bet sizes

Full Tilt Poker, $30 + $3 NL Hold'em Sit n' Go, 25/50 Blinds, 4 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: 3,935
BTN: 1,320
Hero (SB): 1,310
BB: 2,435

Pre-Flop: (75) 3 Q dealt to Hero (SB)
2 folds,
Hero raises to 125, BB calls 75
oops, get my hand caught in the cookie jar here.

Flop: (250) K 6 6 (2 Players)
Hero checks,
BB bets 50, Hero raises to 200, BB folds
My note on this player reads "small bet=nothing". If my read is wrong, my tourney is probably over with less than 1000 chips. Fortunately, he folds to my checkraise

Results: 350 Pot
Hero mucked 3 Q and WON 350 (+175 NET)

Very proud of this hand, but not the rest of the night. Bubbled this tourney (3rd), could not pull the trigger when 4 handed on probably valid ICM moves, I just felt people would call me light with hands like K7 and I'd be dead. Finally pulled the trigger with A9, got called by 88 and lost the race. ICM says the move was fine, so nothing I could do there.

Then in the second tourney, cards were bad early, someone flopped a A44 boat on me with A4, but I lost the minimum. Holding on with an average stack when I get AdQd, raise it up, and
the small stack shoves over me. Had the odds to call any race so I called - turned out he had KK. A marginally bad call, needed 35% to win if I knew his hand, true winning percentage was 32%. If I increase his range to top 6% of hands (99+, AJs+, AJo+), I easily have the odds I need to call, so I guess this is an ok call.

Then, very next hand, I get KK myself. I raise it up 4x hoping it looks like a tilt-raise. Loose, bad player calls - this guy loves Aces so I'm on the lookout for any ace. Flop comes 6s4dJd. I lead out big, he calls. Flush draw? AJ? Turn comes another 6, I get it all in. He calls - he's got AdTd for the flush draw and one over. I'm 77% to win until the river comes As and I'm out in 6th. All (seemingly) good plays, no luck though.

No comments: