Monday, March 9, 2009

thank you sir, may I have another?


I often complain that in short SNGs, you can easily identify the bad players at the table, but you often don't have time to take their chips, because they make a bad play and get taken out by someone else. Tonight I got to double up on the first hand..

Full Tilt Poker, $20 + $2 NL Hold'em Sit n' Go, 15/30 Blinds, 9 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

(all players with 1,500)

Pre-Flop: (45) Q Q dealt to Hero (MP1)
2 folds, UTG+2 calls 30, Hero raises to 120, 2 folds, BTN calls 120, 3 folds
Raise the limper with my queens. The button calls the raise. If he's a good player, I put him on AK/AQ or a pair hoping to set up. Sharkscope says he's a (really) bad player, though, so who knows. Either way, I've got to be careful if overcards come. It's the first hand of the night, no need to power it through.

Flop: (315) 2 9 Q (2 Players)
Or, I could flop top set !. There are two spades out there, so maybe I should bet, but I think one check is in order.

Hero checks, BTN bets 315,
Button bets pot - oh goody, he has something. No need to delay any longer...

Hero raises to 1,260
, BTN raises to 1,380 and is All-In, Hero calls 120 and is All-In
(Oops, meant to shove there, what was with the "almost shove" raise?. Anyway, I figure I've got to dodge a spade...)

Turn: (3,075) 2 (2 Players - 1 is All-In)
River: (3,075) K (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: 3,075 Pot
Hero showed Q Q (a full house, Queens full of Twos) and WON 3,075 (+1,575 NET)
BTN showed 7 A (a pair of Twos) and LOST (-1,500 NET)
As it turns out, I got my money in as a 100% favorite, and didn't have to dodge anything. Not a bad way to start the tourney.

Went on to win this one. In an effort to keep my luck where it is, I will not comment on my month so far....

No comments: