Thursday, September 16, 2010

a rant

I AM FUCKING SICK AND TIRED OF NEVER HAVING THE BEST GODDAMN HAND AT SHOWDOWN.

Aces vs. Kings all in preflop. I hit my fucking ace for top set. I lose the hand.
Set of tens all in on the broadway flop. Dead to a set of
kings.
Pocket Aces beat by KQ.

Over and over and over. I try hard not to whine about bad beats - I know that nobody cares. But over and over and over is too fucking much. Sometimes your hand has to hold up. I understand why bad players never have the best hand at showdown - they're always outkicked or couterfeited or somesuch. But I'm playing 17/13 this month. I'm not in many pots. My holdings are strong when I start battling.

This is why good players quit the game.

4 comments:

The Poker Meister said...

Go read a book. Go watch some videos. Take some time to re-collect yourself. You're on tilt, IMO.

matt tag said...

YOU THINK!?!???!

/kidding. sorta.

bastinptc said...

It IS why good players quit. Make sure it's not a book about poker.

diverjoules said...

Come back to playing live games Matt. The online games will drive you insane eventually.