Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Despair to Joy, A poker story in pictures

Hilarious night with the fish getting the better of me time and again...

Started with getting all in on the turn with TT as an overpair, fish calls with AQ and spikes an ace.

Then I iso-raise another fish with J9s, hit top pair 9, and valuetown myself for 3 streets against Ace-nine. Ridiculous. Dude was playing 69% of hands at the time.

Aces cracked against the fishie's tens for another stack.

I was down 130BB, and was ready to call it a night. Last hand being dealt before my blind - I'll just fold and close up shop...

Except that it's aces.



Ok, don't get fancy. Raise to 3.5 bigs. Folds around to the fishy button (yes, this was a GREAT table), who three bets me.



And then, if that isn't enough, the big blind, the tightest player at the table, he cold calls the 3bet, padding the pot some more....



Alrighty then, no need to shove now. I close the action. Let's just call and shove the flop. With my luck tonight, I'll probably get them cracked again (for the third time), but it's the correct play...

Flop is 885 rainbow, nothing to worry about there. the tight-ass big blind bets his last 2.50 into the $17 pot. I flat, thinking the fishy button will shove all his overpairs. He does. I call. We're all in. Small blind has kings, big blind has ace-king, unimproved.

I have one out to dodge - the last remaining king. I dodge it. My 130BB loss becomes a 63BB gain on the last hand of the night.

2 comments:

~Coach said...

It's amazing when the best hand holds up... :)

Unknown said...

I flat, thinking the cash games fishy button will shove all his overpairs. He does. I call. We're all in. Small blind has kings, big blind has ace-king, unimproved.