Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Poker Training

I am a voracious consumer of all forms of poker training. Books, videos, forums, pamphlets - you name it, I'm reading/watching it. I'm always trying to learn.

In my quest to find quality poker training material, I happened upon *Splitsuit*'s videos. Split is a moderator on one of the Two Plus Two forums, and he has been in the poker video business for years. He has also written an excellent book, called "Dynamic Full Ring Poker".

Split has now made most of his training materials available online, as well as some other authors' stuff as well. I am very pleased to direct my (small) army of readers to his site now, and to go spend gobs of money there.

I wouldn't recommend this stuff unless it helped me. An example: for awhile I decided to try and become a 3bet monkey, and of course I did it all wrong and spewed off several buy-ins overplaying hands. The big culprit was Big Slick - I got absolutely crushed using AK as my big semibluffing hand. This is a good idea on the surface, but I was often employing the strategy at all the wrong times, like when my opponent was likely to have a big hand, for example. Fortunately, Split has a video dedicated to playing Ace King. I watched the video a couple times and was soon back on track.

There's a ton of material over there, and much of it is currently on sale. I'm sure you'll find something that can help your game. His store can be found at the link at the bottom of this post.

Make sure you use the special checkout code NOTEBOOK if you decide to purchase - which will give you 10% off your purchase price!

http://www.splitsuit.com/shop

No comments: