Friday, February 8, 2008

Multi-Table, some success

Well, I played a 24 man last night, and came in 4th, just into the money.

My cards were good early – I was able to go to war with some inexperienced players with good hands. At one point I got AKs on the button, then AKo the next hand, then TT the hand after that. The first two times I raised out a bunch of limpers, got one caller, then aggressively bet and took down the pot without a fight. Someone reraised me on the TT (I think they thought I was a maniac and were getting sick of me), but the flop came down all cards under a T and he checked to me, and I took down the pot again with a pot size bet.

I was chip leader with twice an average stack for a good part of the tourney, then my cards turned to dogmeat, and was often unable to play late position poker because of earlier raisers. I ended up tightening up too much and the field caught me.

It was looking iffy there at the end – 5 players left, no real short stack, but I was the lowest and had an M of about 5.2. The guy 2 to my left was the chip leader and being hyper aggressive – I knew if I could get one hand, ONE FRIGGIN HAND, I could checkraise his ass and leap back up into 2nd place. But the hand never came. Luckily – an experienced player went to war with him with AK on a 992 flop and the chipleader somehow had K9 in his hand, and I was in the money, but with barely no chips. I took my last stand with an all in raise with 89s, the chipleader looked me up with K3 of diamonds, and flushed out on me to knock me out.

No comments: