Thursday, November 13, 2008

guess I chose the blue pill.

no fun tonight. Got into a $30 9 man, wore down to 1190 chips, called an early position minraise from the BB with AJ, flop comes J 5 8 rainbow. Any way I don't get it all in here? Nope, I get it all in..against a set of 8s.

(Should I have just folded preflop? I guess the minraise could have been taken for a monster hand, but the player didn't have many tourneys played according to sharkscope, and I didn't think it was a move. My read turned out to be right, but he hit his set vs. my TPTK, what can I do?).

Then I try a $10 matrix tourney and get completely run over. I know it's going to be a fun night when I raise with KK, get called, flop a set on a K78 board, get shoved over, and have to dodge an open ended straight draw as the villain turns over 9T. I do not dodge the draw and my set of kings is dogmeat. Out in 8th.

Other 3 tourneys end 5th, 8th, and 3rd (details are too boring to relay). A grand total of 16 points in the matrix, good for seventh place overall. Not good - $40 lost on the night.


No comments: