Sunday, June 14, 2009

Victory!

With help from my coworker Rich, we (uh, mostly he) got new black exhaust pipes on my motorcycle yesterday afternoon. I had to take a nice 65 mile ride down to his home in Uniontown Ohio, where he has a second garage - fully loaded with the proper tools to get any auto/bike job done.

An example - if you look at the photo, you can see a silver bracket running along the black pipes, directly under the passenger foot peg. Rich said to me as we were finishing up "the next thing we should do is black powdercoat this bracket". I said "sounds cool, where do you send it to have that done?". His reply - "here. I have a powdercoater in my garage".

Oh.

I think I'm done with major additions to the bike for now. The new pipes are cool-looking and much throatier (is that a word?) than the original, and my bike actually sounds mean now.

As for poker, a small Victory of its own - taking a third and first place finish in the 2 tourneys I played last night. I was set to play more, but the second tourney featured an extended heads-up session that left me a bit droopy-eyed - I chose to take sleep on my winnings for the night instead of playing some more.

1 comment:

Memphis MOJO said...

Very cool bike. Congrats on the cashes.