Monday, August 24, 2009

critical error

I made a really bad mistake tonight because I was playing two tables at the same time. I was on the bubble on the top table, but there was action on the bottom table. When the beep came for the top table, I looked up quickly and saw that I had J7s on the button, and only a few big blinds, so I shoved.

What I failed to see what that the UTG player had already limped, and I was pretty sure my shove wasn't big enough to scare him away. He called with JKo and I was dominated and dead.

This one's all on me. I can't blame cold decks or losing 10 races in a row or bad cards or idiot opponents. I'm the idiot this time, and all because I can't play two tables at the same time. Some players grind 8, 12, 16, 24 tables at the same time - it looks like my max is one.

I took third in the other tourney, and bombed out of a third, for another negative day. I really felt like I was better than 2 of the 3 other players at the table upon which I made my error, so I originally felt like I lost a big opportunity to make up some ground tonight.

With errors like that one, I'm not sure I can claim to be better than many people at all.


No comments: