Wednesday, September 30, 2009

September Summary

One tourney played tonight - second place finish. I vaulted into the top 3 early by raising with QQ, getting a caller, and having him donkbet half his stack into me on a 552 board. I reraised him all-in, he called his pot-committed last chips with K9s. Oops. Thank goodness for the bad players.

--

The bad news for the month - I played very little online. 23 tourneys in all. (the last two months were over 50 each). Actually, this isn't all bad news - the break was nice. Online poker felt more like a hobby again, and less like something I had to do every night.

The good news - my results. A 68% ROI for the month brought back my faith in my game. My cash in last week's live tourney didn't hurt, either.

I'm a good player, dammit, even if I'm break even in the last 200 online tourneys played.

I think I'm going to expand my online game a bit more to some multi table SNGs. I also found a new tool for setting up shortcut keys, so I should be able to play more tourneys now. Next week I'm going to run a 4 multitable test on four $5.50 tables. I'm not sure I'm even going to like multi-tabling - again, it sounds more like a job than playing poker - but I'm going to give it a shot. Maybe I'll do both and multi-table some bigger SNGs.

1 comment:

Memphis MOJO said...

I'm a good player, dammit, even if I'm break even in the last 200 online tourneys played.

Yes, you are. Sometimes the cards don't cooperate.