Wednesday, November 18, 2009

worst night in awhile

nothing went right for me tonight - not sure I played badly, at least early. Pietzak sucked out on me with a 5 outer twice by calling me with middle pair (he never thinks I have anything, but I had top pair and an overpair these two times), and he hit two pair on the next card to wipe me out. So that was $21 out the window.

That doesn't even account for half of the losses, though - I got pummeled for $30 more, and took away 2/3 of my net winnings for the month in one night.

Tried to review the session - I don't think I made too many mistakes. I see a ton of 1.50 and 2.00 losses that are preflop raises that either got 3-bet or lost on the flop.

Raised 9Ts, got 3 bet, folded. Villain shows JJ.
Raised pocket 5s, get called. Lost a small pot to 99.
Raised pocket 6s, get called. Lost a small pot to AQ (hit a Q).
Raised A3 from the button, got 3 bet all-in. Folded.
Raised KQo, Pietzak calls with T6s, hits a ten. Lovely.
Raised AKo, called from blind, lose to pocket eights. C-bet impossible here, this villain called to river with any piece (saw him call all the way with unimproved pocket twos).

I see a couple mistakes in the hand histories. Someone raised and got a caller, I called behind with pocket nines. A great spot to squeeze, I failed to do it.

But overall, just variance, I think. I felt tilty as the session went on, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it affected my play. It looks like I made normal plays, and just whiffed every flop. Maybe I need to find a way to win a couple of those pots - but it's hard putting a bunch of money in when you see people call with almost nothing. You've got to hit a hand and get value to beat those guys - I didn't hit any hands. As they say, Alrighty then.

Live game tomorrow - after a week off. Maybe I got the crap cards out of the way tonight. I owe Pietzak a couple 5 outers...

No comments: