Friday, July 9, 2010

misclick

Dont have a cow, heres your converted hand
Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 9 players

CO: $16.32
Button: $11.51
SB: $10.00
BB: $5.10
UTG: $10.76 (Hero)
UTG+1: $17.34
MP: $8.68
MP2: $13.77
HJ: $12.49

Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with (9 players)
Hero raises to $0.40, 5 folds, Button calls $0.40, 2 folds

Pocket tens is playable from any position. I usually raise 4x with my whole range from the first 3 positions to charge opponents from having position on me. The button calls. I have 7 hands of history on him - not enough to see anything.

Flop: ($0.95) (2 players)
Hero checks, Button checks
This is a way ahead/way behind flop. If he's playing fit or fold, then a cbet takes it down. Even beginner players usually think you're full of crap when you bet this flop, though. I bet this sometimes, check other times (and may or may not checkraise a cbet). Button checks behind.


Turn: ($0.95) (2 players)
Hero bets $0.40, Button calls $0.40
An innocuous card. I bet and he calls. I put him on a pocket pair that might be ahead of or behind me, or maybe a heart draw. My plan for most rivers is a half pot bet/fold. Gives me value for pocket 77/88/99, is probably not raiseable by JJ/QQ and loses me the minimum. If the flush card comes and he raises, I will fold.

River: ($1.75) (2 players)
A double paired board. Should probably make him call most pairs, and the king prevents a raise. I decide that I still like my plan and will bet ninety cents. Since the betting box in Full Tilt already reads ".20", I have to hit backspace two times, leaving the decimal point, and hitting a 9, then hitting enter. This time, though, I must have fat fingered the backspace key and hit an extra one. The betting box simply read "9" when I hit enter.

Hero bets $9,
As Peter Griffin would say, "holy crap". I just bet 9 into a $1.75 pot. I wonder how he's going to interpret that? Well, if my read is correct, he will need a to read it as a horrid bluff to make this call. If he does it with pocket queens/jacks, or if he has slowplayed pocket aces/kings, then I've just donked off a buy-in on a misclick. If he reads it as a bluff and calls with pocket eights or nines, then this is the most brilliant double-reverse bluff in history. He does ponder the goofy bet size for a while, tightening me up. Then, finally...

Button folds


Hero won $1.64
(Rake: $0.11)

No comments: