Saturday, July 24, 2010

washed away

1000 hands this afternoon - playing fine, I guess, bobbing up and down as usual. Then I get stuck with kings vs. aces and whap - down a buy-in. Nothing you can do. When you 3 bet and a guy min-4-bets you, you figure it's aces, but it's wrong to fold kings. Just get it in and take your lumps. (one extra lump today, I hit a king on the flop, but an ace came on the turn. Bleah. The best hand won, yada, yada).

I also discovered a hidden reason to double barrel. I have been using the double barrel myself to positive effect. Today, I was the one double
barreled, and it won my opponent a ton of chips, as it messed up my hand reading.

This hand also needs to be put into the running for my worst hand played of the year.

beware the feral cow packs. they hunger.
Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 9 players

BB: $14.24 (Hero)
UTG: $8.39
UTG+1: $4.05
MP: $8.37
MP2: $4.03
HJ: $10.32
CO: $5.69
Button: $4.05
SB: $10.05

Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with (9 players)
UTG calls $0.10, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, HJ raises to $0.30, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.20, UTG calls $0.20, MP2 calls $0.20

HJ is a 20/20, only 10 hands though. Pretty useless sample size more any reads. I'm setmining.

Flop: ($1.25) (4 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, HJ bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60, 2 folds

Out of position, but a gutshot. I decide to check/call this bet and pray for a gutshot to come.

Turn: ($2.45) (2 players)
Hero checks, HJ bets $1.30, Hero calls $1.30

I originally planned on giving up here, but it's a smaller size bet. I briefly felt like, if I hit the straight or set, I could win a bunch from an overpair, since he seems to like his hand.

River: ($5.05) (2 players)
Hero checks, HJ bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50

The nine comes, giving me the one card idiot end straight. He bets pot. Again, I should have folded, but my gut told me that three consecutive bets meant aces or kings, and I just caught him.


Hero mucked
HJ showed , and won ($13.12) with a straight, Jack high
HJ won $13.12
(Rake: $0.93)

Well played by him - he double barreled on a card that improved his equity, adding a gutshot to his two overcards, and won a big pot from a donkey who couldn't fold the bottom end of a straight.

So many problems with this hand. Check-calling a weak draw out of position, twice (note how a checkraise takes down the pot on the flop or turn). Calling a pot sized river bet with a 1 card sucker side straight.

Bah.

No comments: