Sunday, August 8, 2010

with that donkey play, that's a wrap for tonight

I was playing ok but down tonight, then I made a series of odd errors in a single hand and donked off 83 big blinds. It was pretty odd, really - I can't even explain how or why it happened.

Feral Cow Poker
Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 6 players

SB: $8.18
BB: $13.46 (Hero)
UTG: $10.10
UTG+1: $16.43
CO: $20.35
Button: $10.00

Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with (6 players)
3 folds, Button raises to $0.30, SB calls $0.25, Hero raises to $0.90, Button folds, SB calls $0.60
My first mistake here was that I missed that the small blind was in the hand. I was looking at the button raise only, and he had a high fold to 3bet. I suppose my three bet acts as a squeeze, but I was surprised to see the call out of the small blind, as I didn't see him in the hand at all.

Flop: ($2.10) (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $1, SB calls $1
Well, open ended straight draw, worth a bet.

Turn: ($4.10) (2 players)
SB bets $6.28, and is all in, Hero calls $6.28
As I hit my top pair, player shoves. I have no reads/hands on this guy, so I'm flying blind. In my mind's eye, I see the guy with sixes or sevens and this as a desperation shove. I think there's a chance my king is good, and if not, well, I've got the 8 out straight draw to back me up. I call all in.

River: ($16.66) (2 players)

SB showed , and won ($15.55) with two pair, Kings and Threes
Hero showed , and lost with a pair of Kings
SB won $15.55
(Rake: $1.11)
Small blind called a button raise with K3o, then a 3bet, then hit two pair on my sorry ass. Obviously not a good player, but with me calling all-in here, I guess I can't say I'm much better, at least tonight. If I see him in the hand, I simply fold K2s and go to bed down 70BB instead of 150.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sucks playing a hand blind with no history, and a hand just good enough to decide to go broke with especially with live outs.

you kinda get unlucky here vs a bad player who calls the flop with bottom pair and hits gin on the turn versus your exact hand.

this guy is losing money in the long run, and you got unlucky, but i think you couldve gotten away from it, although i most likely fear sets here.