Wednesday, October 1, 2008

new month, arrow points down again.

This is getting a bit too coincidental for comfort. The new month starts and my luck turns around 180 degrees. Played 2 tourneys tonight - in the first I got no playable hands, got outmanuvered in a BvB specials, got short and shoved with A6 - called by both 99 and TT, done with barely a peep out of me in 32 hands.

Second tourney, almost same thing - this time I win an early 200 with AK, but that's it. Nothing else comes until I'm at 900 with 50-100 blinds, I shove with A6 (again), this time I'm called by 44, and I lose the race.

62 more or less unplayable hands and missed flops.

Note that I'm not whining (yet) - it's only 2 tourneys, of course - but it seems pretty odd that I bomb out for two weeks and then kick ass for 2 more, month after month, 3 months in a row now. Bizarro.

One final note about September, after my horrid start, I ended up +$174, 17% ROI. My (laughably short) "career" sits at 23% ROI in 245 SNGs. I've posted a positive month (lowest ROI 8, highest 59) in all 7 months. It's a fine start.

At the end of the month, I'm taking a week of use-it-or-lose-it vacation. My plan that week is to practice multitabling. I will probably drop down to small buy-in SNGs and run 2 at a time, then 3, then 4. My personal goal is to play 4 SNGs profitably.

No comments: