Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Why you take notes

Full Tilt Poker, $20 + $2 NL Hold'em Sit n' Go, 60/120 Blinds, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: 2,570
Hero (BTN): 2,160
SB: 2,705
BB: 3,915
UTG: 2,150

Pre-Flop: (180) J K dealt to Hero (BTN)
2 folds, Hero raises to 360, SB folds, BB calls 240
JKo is Worth raising on the button, but I don't like when the blind calls. The classic trouble hand.

Flop: (780) Q 7 K (2 Players)
BB bets 120...
Top pair, meh kicker. Opponent is aggressive and leads out, but very small. If he called with KQ, I'm dead, of course. I figure this player reraises preflop with
AK or AQ, so all I'm really worried about is KQ. Do I just call here and reevaluate, or does that give him a shot at two pair if he's got a QJ/QT-type hand? One last thing to look at - my notes on the player. Here's what they read so far:

30 - 135 weak
150 - 450 = weak cbet
pot = underpr

Three hand reads. In the first, he bet 30 into a 135 pot and then folded to a reraise. In the second, he bet 150 into a 450 pot, then checked the turn and river after calling. He had nothing. In the third, he had something - 22 to be exact, on an AAJ board. He bet pot, but got floated and ended up losing the river.

Back to the current hand - he was betting the minimum, 1/6 pot. My notes say this is weak and he has nothing. My top pair is therefore good....

Hero raises to 660, BB folds

Ended up being heads up against this same player. He bet the minimum on every flop. If I raised and he hand any pair or draw, he would call. I couldn't catch a cold, so I stopped raising for awhile. Finally I ended up with a gutshot that straighted up on the turn, and the same card gave him 2 pair. I took the tourney for my second win in two days.

No comments: