Friday, December 3, 2010

Not much to go on...

Rush week continues. I played a great session early, then a disastrous session of Omaha (not my game, still making mistakes there - I should be playing penny blinds if I want to play that game), then back to Holdem.

My third session was going badly also - it felt like the 3betters were out in force. I was laying down some decent hands, not going broke on a pair and all that. I was also feeling pushed around by the Rush collective. That's when some players make the bad mistake, which I suppose I could have here, but two big slick hands (within 5 hands of each other), worked out for me and got me back in the black for the night.

Converted by the cows of Feral Cow Poker
Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 9 players

MP: $9.15
MP2: $9.31
HJ: $4.00
CO: $4.05
Button: $11.27
SB: $4.80
BB: $10.10 (Hero)
UTG: $6.62
UTG+1: $6.91

Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with (9 players)
UTG calls $0.10, 7 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, UTG calls $0.30
UTG limper is 14/0 after 14 hands. Not much information to go on. Still, I'm raising up AK from the blinds in the face of a limper every time.

Flop: ($0.85) (2 players)
Hero bets $0.90, UTG raises to $1.80, Hero raises to $9.70, and is all in, UTG calls $4.42, and is all in
The flop overbet was a mistake - my hotkey software sometimes gets the pot wrong and pre-selects a goofy bet. Once again I get minraised. Clearly I'm not always good here, but I felt this time like he was making a play. Q3 isn't a playable hand. AQ, QQ, and AA usually raise it up preflop (though some people like limping with AA under the gun, hoping to get raised). So I'm worried about A3 and 33, really. Not many combos overall. It's much more likely he thinks some worse ace is good. I stick the cash in.

Hero shows
UTG shows

Three-four suited, my late friend Freddie's hand. Aw, Freddie, why you gotta to do me that way?

Turn: ($13.29) (2 players)

River: ($13.29) (2 players)

I win, despite being a 51-49 underdog. Call me lucky. Hand number 2 is somewhat similar

Feral Cow Poker Hand Converter
Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 9 players

CO: $20.19
Button: $6.83
SB: $8.20
BB: $12.75
UTG: $14.36
UTG+1: $10.05
MP: $24.55
MP2: $14.51
HJ: $11.29 (Hero)

Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is HJ with (9 players)
4 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 3 folds, BB raises to $0.95, Hero calls $0.65
My read on the BB is pretty tenuous - he's a 33/33 after 6 hands, with a 50% 3bet. Seems aggro, but after 6 hands, who can tell for sure?

Flop: ($1.95) (2 players)
BB bets $1, Hero calls $1
3bet pot, I hit my top/top, SPR is like 5, he bets half pot. I see no reason to raise.

Turn: ($3.95) (2 players)
BB bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50
Well, with my luck, he just spiked a two outer with JJ. Or he's had aces all along. Same drill as before.

River: ($8.95) (2 players)
BB bets $8.30, and is all in, Hero calls $6.84, and is all in
A somewhat yucky card. Did he backdoor flush me? Did he 3bet me with a 6? How often am I ahead here? Am I tilting and reading too much into a 6 hand sample? All of the above are possible. I make the call.

BB showed , and lost with a pair of Sixes
Hero showed , and won ($21.13) with two pair, Kings and Sixes
Hero won $21.13
(Rake: $1.50)

I win again. I can't say I played either of these hands brilliantly, but I did try to go with the little information I had on each and decided my top/top was good. Maybe I just really wanted them to be good, and got lucky. Anyhoo, it worked out for me, and I booked a small profit on the night, while also earning my Rush badge for the 5th night out of 7.

No comments: